Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The only constant thing in this world is change.

I don't feel like writing right now, but I have been getting some blog requests recently, and I guess this thing is supposed to be like a journal or something, right? So maybe I should just stop waiting for something huge to happen and write what's "real" as they (and all my sorors know who 'they' are) would say. I have been on this laptop for the past hour trying to log onto my George Washington account to no avail. I need about three different numbers to get an email address to log onto the listserv that will help me register for classes....HELLO?! This is far too complicated...I know this is grad school and everything but seriously...just because I am a pseudo-grown-up now doesn't mean I am a superhero.

I am in fact very nervous to move to D.C. Excited for new adventures, checking out great restaurants and poetry slam spots, sure. Learning my way around a new city and being able to show my friends a good time when they pop into the capital to visit, yes! I can't wait. But, this summer I have missed my family more than I did over my entire four years of college. Come this August, all of my friends are moving on to new places and I don't have the certainty of visits and seeing them around campus any more. Our lives are moving on and frankly, I don't want to lose any one important. And I don't want to lose my mind, either. But I'm heading the right way for a padded cell with all this planning and responsibility I'm faced with. We all know I have my issues with organization...

Whatever...I guess I am just a little overwhelmed at the apartment searching and class registering and all of that. But then again, I have inspired lots of kids at my job as an NSLC Team Advisor this summer...and I was all up and through New York City (with the help of my lovely Brooklyn hostess) and I have really made the most of this summer. And that's grown-up mature stuff, right? That's a whole separate post, though. This time, I am just going to voice out loud-- YIKES! I'm moving away from home...and for the first time ever, all I wanna do is stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment